Seaweed fabric is made by using algae from the sea, it uses cellulose fiber and it is made using the same lyocell process as Tencel and some bamboo. Seaweed is the plant source, making it a true fabric from the ocean.
Seaweed is a renewable cellulosic fiber and due to the amazing properties of seaweed, seaweed fabric, fabric from the ocean, it has many benefits:
- Seaweed fabric is soft and supple against the skin. It is breathable and light.
- The nutrients in seaweed are retained in the fiber. Transfer of nutrients take place when the fabric comes into contact with skin.
- Fabric is eco-friendly and 100% biodegradable.
- Seaweed fiber is carbon neutral with a high tenacity.
- Flame retardant.
- Seaweed fabric absorbs sweat faster than cotton, making it suitable for baby clothing and bedding.
- Antioxidants that are in seaweed, react with the free radicals in the skin and will neutralize them, which helps to reduce environmental damage to the skin and slows down aging.
- Contains metal ion which means it can screen electromagnetic waves.
I hope you have enjoyed learning more about what is seaweed fabric, but if you have any comments or suggestions about what is seaweed used for, please leave them below the blog and I will get back to you.